Friday, March 1, 2013

La Quinta Inn & Suites Katy

KATY, TEXAS -- Business of various sorts brings me to the Houston area four or five times a year anymore, and a lot of the time I end up staying at one of the downtown hotels near the convention center or Rice University. It recently struck me, however, that a lot of the things I have to do are at the northwest end of the megalopolis, near where I come into the area on I-10, and that it thus did not make a lot of sense for me to be driving so far in for familiar a place to stay and then back out again for my meetings.

I was therefore pleased to discover that the closest hotel to where I needed to be during my last trip to the Houston area was the La Quinta Inn & Suites Katy. I have generally been pleased with La Quintas and tend to stay at them a little more often than at other chains, so I figured this one would likely be a good bet and went ahead and made a reservation at it.

Suffice it to say, I ended up being pleased with my decision. The hotel is right on the access to I-10, so it is easy to get in and out of, it is very close to numerous great restaurants and other businesses, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel also offers a number of nice, money-saving amenities, including free Internet access, free parking, complimentary snacks in the evening, and free breakfast in the morning. Plus, a high-end coffee maker that uses K-cups in my room!

So, next time I am doing something in Katy or passing through Houston en route to somewhere else I know where I will be staying and can gladly recommend this hotel to my readers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment