Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Log, Day 9 (October 1/Tuesday)

In port at Moorea, French Polynesia. (This is the first of four days that, for various reasons, I did not keep up with my cruise log! A relevant thing to bear in mind is that one is virtually never able or inclined to go back and reconstruct these things ... We did spend half of this day at a beach on Moorea and get some fun pictures there.)

This is me swimming with some gregarious blackpoint sharks and manta rays! Isn't the way they are circling me fun? 

Still being inspired by Gauguin at this point, I decided to call this one "Spirit of the Beach."

Not being inclined to spend too much time on beaches myself, I went inland to explore the jungle a little bit and get a better sense for what the interior of a French Polynesian island looks like. 


After departing Moorea we passed this para-sailor while many miles out to sea and were unsure if things were going as planned for him or had gotten terrifyingly out of control ... We hope he made it back to shore but make no assumptions. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool trip! I would have been hot on your heels into that Jungle, lol!

    ReplyDelete