Wednesday, July 6, 2016

My Most Recent Layover at Istanbul Atatürk Airport

Suffice it to say that, like many people, I am upset and saddened by the terrorist attack that occurred at Istanbul Ataturk Airport in Turkey on June 28, 2016. I have personally flown through this airport three times over the past decade and always had positive experiences there. 

When I flew out of this airport in October 2006, at the tail end of a three-week trip that had started in Athens and taken me through the eastern Mediterranean to Istanbul. During that trip I distinctly remember thinking how much better an airport it was than Washington Dulles International Airport, a somewhat sloppily run affair located in northern Virginia that I have had the misfortune of using any number of times over the years. 

My most recent visits to at the airport occurred in November 2015, when I stopped over there very briefly on my way to Ethiopia via Turkish Airlines, and then a few weeks later, in December 2015, when I spent about 12 hours in the terminal on my way back to the United States. 





No comments:

Post a Comment